Sunday, March 21, 2010

What to do with nice weather?

Stay outside all day!

Yesterday I started the day with a 5ish hour ride with Dave and Gwen. It's fun to catch up with old friends and get to know new ones... all while riding and riding and riding.

Dave at Saguaro National Park.
Gwen and I then met up to go to the air show on the base in Tucson. This was my first real air show and I was pleasantly surprised. I thought riding a track bike was a rush. It must be nothing compared to what these guys/girls experience.

The Thunderbirds in formation. BTW- pics don't do any justice.

Our future airmen and women. I would love to see the cute little girl in her purple dress sitting in the cockpit one day :)

Gwen and I then took advantage of the free Joe Nichols concert on base. Great setting... perfect weather, the mountains, the planes, the people watching, the music, etc.

If you have never heard his music, here is an example of some song titles- Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off, She Only Smokes When She Drinks, Let's Get Drunk and Fight, (Drink) Cheaper Then a Shrink, My Whiskey Years. Funny songs for someone who has been through rehab apparently.





No comments: