Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Brunswick Cycling Club

This past weekend I had the pleasure of helping out at a kids' clinic at the Brunswick Track.  What these folks are doing is just plain awesome!  
I rolled up thinking I was going to be just helping a couple kids on bikes.  Little did I know that I was the "special guest" and there was about 30 kids to play with.


There was a question and answer session about being a professional and about my cool bike.
  In order to escape having to "show" the kids how to do a 30 second test, I took the shoes off and helped hold them for the standing start.  :)  
This is the guy that runs these clinics every weekend.  He talks so fast and with so much energy that he reminds me of Steve Irwin.
Its no wonder that the Australians are such powerhouses in cycling.  With over 20 tracks in Victoria and programs running like this every weekend, they are bound to not only produce a healthy generation of kids but also a couple talented cyclists.

No comments: